Minnestoa is known for cold weather and hardy gardeners always want to get a jump on the growing season. The Walls Of Water moved to Washington with me because I heard that tomatoes and peppers can be a challenge to grow due to the long cool spring.
Some people think these are difficult to set up, but with the following steps, it is easy.
- 1. Get two sturdy stakes and an empty WOW, insert stakes inside the WOW on opposite sides to provide support.
- Fill each baffle about on half full. Be careful not to make mud puddles in the soil.Then go around and complete the filling.
- Plant inside the WOW
- Add more water to the baffles if evaporation happens over a few days or weeks.
- Remove the WOW when the plants grow out the top and weather conditions are warm.
- The WOW in Colorado can survive much tougher weather than I experience. When water freezes, it gives off heat.
- I leave the stakes inside to help stability in case of wind!